Friday, November 30, 2012

Museum Review: Commandant's House in Peter and Paul Fortress

I'm so happy today is November 24!

Because today is November 24, it makes perfect sense for me to finish off my museum exhibition reviews for the Peter and Paul Fortress-- because I only went three days ago. Yay!

So when I was at the Peter and Paul Fortress-- which was totally yesterday-- the last exhibition that Princess and I saw was the Commandant's House. To be perfectly honest, I didn't entirely understand what the "theme" of the House was supposed to be-- I mean, it was all about the Peter and Paul Fortress, but (in pictures that are as unavailable to you as they are to me) there were other parts of the exhibit which didn't entirely relate-- like a railroad, and something having to do with a lake. My best guess is that it's a "behind-the-scenes" look at the building of the Fortress... just a guess, though.

However, the general makeup of this exhibit is awesome-- for example, the entry room has a projector with a screen, and the walls surrounding it are covered in maps. The floor-- which, yes, there is a picture of-- is actually taken from either the street before modern times, or the fortress in general, I cannot recall. (My memory has grown hazy for it only being this week...)

Overall, this is another exhibition that I wholeheartedly endorse. It was a bit shorter than the others-- basically 2 1/2 rooms (or 2 rooms and a lodge above one of the rooms)-- but it was still interesting to look at, and quite fun.

Commandant's House

No comments:

Post a Comment