Monday, October 15, 2012

A Lazy, Rainy Day

Normally, I don't like riding on the past to effect the present... but today I'm going to.

You see, today has been what they call a "typical" fall day in St. Petersburg: everything is gray, it's been going between drizzling to nothing, it's colder than I would typically enjoy, and as there is a total lack of sunlight, I have no motivation to do anything. (The cat sitting next to me agrees; his personal favorite pastime is sleeping on my bed after he's broken into my room, which is hysterical to watch.)

However, that being said, I want to still PRETEND that I did something interesting and exciting today. Who really wants to post on the internet, "I went to class for an hour and a half, and then took a nap, because I'm an exciting person with fascinating goals"?

So today is going to be more of yesterday, except slightly different.

Redemption is a Dish Best Served Even More Colorful!

Found out yesterday that the name for the "Right" park is Central Park, and that the name for the "Wrong" Park is Park Pobedy (or Park of Victory). The reason why Princess and I got confused?


However, as you can see, they are both big, beautiful parks with bodies of water in them and lots of trees. The best way to make sure that you don't repeat Princess's and my mistake? Park Pobedy has an amusement park in it-- a Russian equivalent of one, anyway. (For those who have access to Six Flags, lower your expectations.)

So, now that all the pictures are up, feel free to do a compare and contrast on this lazy Monday. The new photos for Central Park, and all the photos for the Wrong Park, are up (here, on my profile, and on the Epic Album Time page.)
Wrong Park

Central Park: More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment