Sunday, October 14, 2012

Redemption is a dish best served colorful

Today, after much lead up and shame, Princess and I went to the Correct Park-- the park where we had intended to go to watch the celebration of the Napoleonic War, but failed-- and it was absolutely gorgeous. To explain: The correct park is across a bridge, which goes over what I believe is one of the Nevas; and then, within the park, there is a lake, and another smaller stream (or river, depending on if you're a city-slicker like me) which runs through the center. Everything was bright with fall colors, the weather was beautiful, the sky clear...

One or two notes, however, before I post up pictures. 

1) Do not wear stilettos to the park. As Princess was kind enough to demonstrate, the result is as follows:

Friends: Taking pictures of embarrassing moments instead of telling you about them so you can have a hilarious anecdote on the internet. I'm so proud to be a true friend.
2) Russians during the fall apparently make really awesome wreaths out of leaves, and they wear them on their heads. A picture is included in the actual album, but still, it is worth applauding, as I have absolutely no idea how they do it.

3) I have a ridiculous (and almost embarrassing) fondness for taking pictures of water and reflections. (Does this have anything to do with Russia? Nope. But it does serve as a warning for the pictures to come.)

So, now that we've gone to the park, do we feel redeemed? 

Absolutely. 

Do we feel stupid for missing it the first time? 

Absolutely. 

And have I learned after two days of wearing high heels in walking-intensive park situations that I should probably not wear high heels when going somewhere that will have me walking for 2+ hours? 

Definitely. 

Is this going to stop me from doing so in the future?

Probably not.

Correct Park: Trees

Correct Park: Water Shots

No comments:

Post a Comment