Wednesday, October 10, 2012

And, finally, the epic redemption: The Nizhniy Park of Peterhof

Turns out I've been spelling "Peterhof" incorrectly this entire time. Alas, I'm far too lazy to go through everything and correct my spelling. But I can talk about the park a bit, as my memory span as of yet has not shrunk to the the point that I have forgotten all the details. (Though sometimes, I wonder...)

When we went to the park, everything was absolutely gorgeous. There were so many gold statues, it was almost ridiculous. Additionally, as Princess and I walked down towards the lake shore, there were two rather fantastic musical shows. One of them succeeded in showmanship; the other, in actual musical complexity and performance.

First, we were examining a small children's fountain when we heard Bach's Toccata in d minor drifting through the park:


If having a bunch of xylophones and marimbas in the middle of a park wasn't awesome enough, then as Princess and I were standing there, an entire marching band dressed in imperial guard costumes went marching along the path directly across from us:


As for the rest... A picture's worth a thousand words. So, for simplicity's sake, I divided the pictures from the Nizhniy Park into two albums:

Nizhniy Park, Peterhof: Fountains
and

Nizhniy Park, Peterhof: Nature Shots
Enjoy!

*Note: I apologize to my organist mother for bringing her great shame on the internet and misrecognizing a famous piece of music. The error has been rectified; but the shame remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment