Wednesday, October 31, 2012

WHAT'S THIS?

I never realized just how much the presence of snow could affect my psyche.

I thought that today, I would be spending all this time outside, playing in the snow. Nope; I'm far too lazy for that, apparently, and instead spent my day watching "Interview with a Vampire", napping, and working on a presentation for tomorrow (Ross Perot; interesting guy). Finally, I ventured outside, just to find myself humming "Let it Snow" and "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" again.

Problem? Those are both Christmas songs. And it's Halloween. That is simply not right.

So, to remedy this, when I got home, I watched Nightmare Before Christmas and munched on a dark chocolate bar that I had bought. The bar is gone, the movie is watched, and I'm feeling pretty satisfied.

Satisfied enough to warrant a flashback to the only thing I've really done today: walking outside.

EARLIER TODAY

Wait... Now that just ain't right.

I knew that my walk wasn't going to be very long; however, I also knew that it was cold outside. Thus, I was prompted to wear:

 A pair of microfleece tights (highly recommend them, especially the footless ones), with skinny jeans;

Thick socks;


My super awesome knee-length, fur-lined high heeled leather boots;


My Russian-style fur hat (yes, it's rabbit fur-- FEEL THE ENVY);


My super-pretty scarf (okay, I'll admit, I'm ridiculously fond of these things); and

A really heavy jacket (no photos attached, sorry).

(Please don't comment on the blog just to tell me that these things all suck; I swear, I will cry.)

I recognized I might be SOMEWHAT over-dressed for the cold, but at the same time, I'd rather be overdressed than have to scuttle home because my poor, pathetic, California-bred self was dying of cold.

Thus bundled, I headed out into the street, just to have a short little walk before hitting up the grocery store.





This is the perfect time for me to explain one of my favorite things ever: my favorite intersection in St. Petersburg.


Now, you might to be tempted to say, "What are you talking about? This is just an intersection. A shiny intersection, but an intersection nonetheless. Why do you like it so much?"

Well, this happens to be the intersection where I saw the cars parked in the middle of the street. At first, I thought, "Oh! This intersection is supposed to have a parking lot in the middle of it!" But it was not to be. Alas, those Russians are still parking in the middle of an intersection. There are, indeed, lines surrounding where they are parked; however, those lines are not for the benefit of those cars.

Those lines are denoting that there is a trolley line running through the intersection. The cars are parked in the middle of tracks.

Because sometimes, there are not memes where there should be. And it looked even creepier without the hair.
Finally, I took the dumbest trip through the snow that I have ever taken in my life. Why?

Put simply... Here is the path I was supposed to take:

Notice: Nice. Safe. Secure footing. On the other side of massive, open pits.
But did I take that path? Nooo. Like any intelligent person, I did this:

Note: In case it wasn't already obvious, if I ever mention my intelligence, it's because I've just done something seriously stupid.
I am proud to announce that I did not break my ankle at any point during this trip. I will only be able to say for sure if this will continue to be the case when I land back in Los Angeles in two months.

Oh, internet, how you understand me...

I guess the best way to finish this off is by flashing back to yesterday, and mentioning that I was told by a Russian grandmother that I have the perfect "womanly" figure, that men don't like skinny girls and that I shouldn't try to lose any more weight because I look perfect the way that I am. I'm still caught between feeling utterly miserable and utterly amused about that one. With that, I'll go back to listening to "Nightmare Before Christmas", and soon go to sleep. Have to talk about Ross Perot tomorrow, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment